Every day the people we support will take the Next Step towards an independent life.
Next Steps is an award-winning company at the Great British Care Awards for “Putting People First” and “The Care Innovation Award” at the Hertfordshire Care Awards. We provide supported living services for individuals with autism, mental health, learning disabilities and complex needs.
About the client(s):
This support will be for two gentlemen that share a home in the Colchester area. Our clients would like to receive support from people who have similar interests, please let them tell you a bit more about themselves:
- I like watching TV, films, and wildlife documentaries.
- I love going out for activities (e.g. the zoo or cinema).
- I enjoy going outside, especially going for walks and to parks so I can go on the swings.
- I enjoy being driven around in the car so I can look out at the view.
- I love reading
- I enjoy having sensory sessions with my support staff.
- I enjoy doing arts & crafts.
- I love to go swimming or in the summertime, going to the pool.
- I enjoy going on the trampoline in my garden, as well as going to trampoline parks!
- I like going out for long walks or be driven around in the car.
- I enjoy having sensory sessions with my staff.
- I love doing puzzles.
We would love to hear from you if you have the passion and motivation to make a difference.
Working as a Support Worker can be fulfilling, fun, challenging and full of variety. You will play an essential role in providing outstanding, person-centred support to our clients, enabling them to live the lives they choose. This role may involve:
- Supporting people to live the life they choose.
- Helping people to build upon their daily life skills.
- Support with taking medication.
- Support with personal care.
- Support accessing education, employment, and leisure.
- Support with nutrition.
- Support with finances and budgeting.
- Able to work flexibly, including evenings, sleep ins, and weekends.
- A passion to improve the lives of the people we support.
- Ability to work well within a team environment.
- Must hold a driving licence.
What we can offer you:
- Competitive rate of pay.
- Development and career progression opportunities.
- Excellent support from an experienced team.
- Fully paid induction and training programme.
- Job satisfaction.
- Paid annual leave (28 days per annum).
- Pension scheme.
- Company funded DBS.
- Refer a friend scheme (up to £200).
For more information, please contact us on 01707 332404.
Please be advised that this post is subject to satisfactory DBS check and references.< Back to search